Science & Practicality
Mocean has always been about digging (or diving) deeper, knowing what is going on and truly understanding the physics or human processes involved in either offshore projects or marine innovations. This has always enabled us to balance between the purely scientific research institutes and every-day (marine-) engineering companies. In between is our natural habitat where we can offer our clients the best of both worlds;
First science, than practicality. Being physically accurate and embracing research topics within projects enables us to bring innovation projects to life. Projects where no precedence is available benefit from accurate numerical modelling capabilities combined with a long standing experience of the practicalities of offshore operations. This unique combination has lead to our significant contribution to a range of industry first developments such as TheOceanCleanUp, Tocardo Tidal Energy, Ampyx Airborne Wind Energy, SlowMill Wave Energy, Mocean Forecast, Seaspyder, EcoTLP and various other technologies. At the heart of marine innovations!
First Practicality, than science. Understanding what goes on in the project and what drivers are in place to ensure a successful operation. Not only physical but also human related, environmental or economical factors are to be considered. After finding the most suitable methodology together with our client we focus on defining accurately the physical limitations enabling swift yet safe operations and contributing to a successful project. In the operational phase we support by providing in-depth logistical support enabling the most efficient execution possible.
- Define operation Methodology
- Accurately assess the limitations of the project
- Logistic-economical optimisation
Practicality meets Science. Handling systems typically require a pragmatic and intuitive design for them to be succesful. Mooring systems however should be designed with the installability in mind but moreover should enable the survival of complex structures in complex and constantly changing environments. Defining the design loads on such systems requires a scientific approach where understanding of the available software tools used is essential.
Pragmatic yet intuitive design are relevant when
From concept analysis and intuitive design solutions to consulting, it’s our mission to make you feel confident in your engineering and operational phases.
Mocean is a fully independent marine engineering consultant since 2013 in Amsterdam. Work hard, play hard. Young and dedicated to getting the best out of each project. The atmosphere breathes open & calm on the workfloor as many are focussed on their task. Helping out, sharing knowledge and tips and tricks with each-other. A project rotation process ensures that the team sees highly variable job activities and at the same time enables a high degree of continuity for the company.
After work we aim to enjoy our free time. At least once a year, if work permits twice a year, we have a MAD event. Mocean Activity Day. Our latest MAD was a 3 day ski-trip in the alps where we indulged in skiing and the company of our colleagues and their spouses.
NEWS & MEDIA
- Sept 2017 – Mocean, as part of a consirtium, has been Awarded a grant for the development of “Multi-body floating Islands” to be put to use throughout the world. Our involvement centres around defining the best possible business case and, obvisouly, the hydrodynamic performance.
- Aug 2017 – Mocean has been awarded the complete installation analysis and marine engineering support for a challanging Nuclear Power Plant
- Aug 2017 – Mocean been granted the 6th scope for TheOceanCleanUp project.
- Jul 2017 – Mocean has been selected by SlowMill as Lead Engineer for the “Eilanden op eigen Kracht” project where we invesitgate if we can supply the dutch islands for 100% with wave power
- Jun 2017 – NEW MOCEAN SERVICE: Mocean Forecast Service; enables much better workability optimisation at very low cost
- Aug 2016 – Mocean has developed key insights in the developpment of Mooring Chain fatigue in relation to mooring-chain-scour for shallow water CALM systems
- Apr 2016 – Mocean to strengthen its position as green innovation accelerator as part of the subsidised Airborne Wind Energy Generation project Sea-Air-Farm with Ampyx Power, Marin & ECN
- Jan 2016 – Mocean is a proud supporter of ADAMAS Inloophuis – a place where children can find comfort after loosing one of their loved ones
- Mocean on installation of WTG blades in high wind conditions
- Jun 2015 – Presentation of our paper at